Show Some #neighborlove!
With Valentine's Day around the corner, this is the time of year when we're extra-grateful for our loved ones. We here at the Food Pantry invite you to spread that goodness around your neighborhood and bring it on down to the Pantry. When you do, upload a photo of it to Instagram with the hashtag #neighborlove. Here are some inspiring ideas:
- Coordinate a food drive or fund drive at work or school. Here are some ideas.
- Next time you bake, make a little extra for a neighbor.
- Clear the snow off a neighbor's car.
- Invite a neighbor over for dinner. It's a great way to get to know one another or deepen existing ties.
- Host a movie night at your house and invite the whole block!
- Strike up a conversation. It could brighten someone's day!
- Donate your time or treasure to a neighborhood cause you believe in such as the Food Pantry. :-) Donate here.
Want more ideas? Check out this great article from Mom It Forward.